– Mauro Biffi, born in Faenza (ITALY) 24/06/64
– Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at Bologna University in 1989 cum laude
– Fellowship in Cardiology at the Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases of Bologna University 1989-1993
– Winner of the Young Investigator Award of the Italian Society of Cardiology in 1992
– Consultant Cardiologist at the Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases of Bologna University, Ospedale Policlinico S.Orsola–Malpighi, since 1996
– Clinical Investigator of several clinical trials since 1994 onward. Amongst them, the Multicenter Study of Dofetilide for inducibility of Ventricular Tachycardia (Eur Heart J. 2001;22:2180-91; Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2002;58):165-9) , the Ivabradine Study on stable Angina , the Ventak Mini ICD trial (Int J Cardiol. 1998;66:261-6), the Ventak Prizm AVT trial ( J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2005;12(2):149-56), the Concerto-AT study (Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2009;32(1):13-23), the B-Left trial (Am Heart J. 2010;159(6):1052-1058), the TRADE-HF trial (Trials. 2011;12:44 ), The Detect-PS trial (Top Enrolling center), the ALSYNC trial (Eur Heart Journal 2016;37:2118-27, Top enrolling center), The MoreCare trial (J Med Internet Res. 2013;15:e167), the MoreCRT trial (ongoing), the PERFORMA Study (Heart Rhythm 2015;12:751-758), the WRAP-IT Study (ongoing, Top enrolling center).
– Clinical Coordinator of the OPTI-MIND Registry (Europace 2014;16:689-697, The Journal of Innovations in Cardiac Rhythm Management 2016;7: 2229–2237)
– Clinical Coordinator of the ESSENTIAL Registry Europace. 2016;18:1551-1560
– Clinical Coordinator of the DECODE Registry (ongoing, Top enrolling center, Clinical Cardiology 2015;38:577-84, J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2016;27:840-5, Int J Cardiol 2016;221:430-432)
– Clinical Coordinator of the PER4MER Registry (Top enrolling center, Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 2016;39:250-260)
– Clinical Coordinator of the THINGS Registry (ongoing, Top enrolling center)
– Actually Senior Electrophysiologist at the Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases
– Co-author of more than 240 papers on peer-reviewed international journals covering the fields of clinical arrhythmias, interventional electrophysiology, and heart failure with an impact factor > 600
– Tutor in Device Therapy of Arrhythmia and Heart Failure at the Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases of Bologna University, Ospedale Policlinico S.Orsola – Malpighi
– Teacher of EBAC-approved Educational Courses in Device Therapy of Arrhythmias and Heart Failure since year 2005 onward at the Institute for Therapy Advancement (Brussels and Paris), and at Berlin (Germany), Tolochenaz (Switzerland) and Milan educational facilities.
– Teacher of the Master Class of Device Therapy at the University of Bologna, established in year 2011